Saturday 2 July 2011

A Little Bit of Paradise - My Vegetable Garden

I have only recently discovered the joys of growing my own food. Michelle and I live right in the city of Toronto. We have a small backyard with a large deck right I built last year. When I was designing the deck, I wanted to make sure I had enough space around it to grow vegetables. I started with herbs - to save money and for a better quality ingredient from what I normally would find in grocery stores. Then, I planted some tomatoes. Now, I have more than 5 varieties of tomatoes, 5 types of herbs, baby mixed greens, carrots and 2 kinds of onions. I can’t wait to harvest and taste a bit of everything!

I started to harvest young onions both yellow Spanish and red onions from the garden this weekend. They smell lovely!

I am quite proud of myself as this is the very first time that I have had the pleasure to grow my own. Ever since I had the pleasure to enjoy the fruits of my friend's efforts, I have desired to grow my own herbs and vegetables.

I just wanted to share a few shots of what is growing in my small paradise. Take care and enjoy the summer!




Keep Gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment