Sunday 14 August 2011

Like the name says...I love Baguettes and all other kind of Breads....

As the title of my blog indicates, I am fond of butterscotch and love baguettes – to be more general bread. Nothing is more comforting to me than a fresh, straight out of the oven bread. I am constantly searching for the perfect bread…whether it be a recipe or something I can buy at a store. If you follow me on twitter, you will know that I rave about SanRemo Bakery & Café (374 Royal York Road). If you are in the area, you must visit them. SanRemo uses the finest ingredients and traditional methods to create and offer a diverse selection of Italian breads, fine foods, and desserts. SanRemo has something for everyone, for me – it is their bread.
Recently, I came across Tartine Bakery & Café in San Francisco while doing some research online. Pastry chef Elisabeth Prueitt and her husband, renowed baker Chad Robertson, are the co-owenrs of Tartine Bakery and Bar Tartine. There’s no question they have a passion for what they do. If you are ever in the Mission District in San Francisco and crave something sweet or savoury (or a bit of both), be sure to visit Tartine – I know I will.

Their books, Tartine and Tartine Bakery, are filled with glorious photos, recipes and the pure love for what they do.

You can find them here:
600 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
415 487 2600

No comments:

Post a Comment